Kangaroo Point is undeniably one of Brisbane’s most prestigious suburbs. Located against a backdrop of the iconic Story Bridge and the Brisbane CBD, this suburb sits on a stunning peninsula surrounded by the Brisbane River. With a sophisticated village atmosphere, residents enjoy a locals-only feel.
Award-winning Monterey Kangaroo Point, is currently Australia’s tallest residential timber tower, a fact that makes living here a statement in luxury and sustainability.
SOLD OUT FEBRUARY 2022Register Now
9 Lambert St, Kangaroo Point
Number of Apartments
29 Apartments total – Sold out February 2022
Features & Facilities
- Expansive views capturing the Botanic Gardens, Story Bridge, Brisbane River and New Farm
- The first residential Cross Laminated Timber (CLT) multi-storey construction in Kangaroo Point and Brisbane!
- Entertain on the recreational rooftop with barbecue & picturesque views of Brisbane City
- Podium level heated pool & gym
- Commercial grade glazing at full height for balcony doors & windows for whisper quiet apartments
- High ceilings throughout with zoned & ducted air conditioning plus ceiling fans
- Gourmet kitchens with European appliances and imported stone benchtops. High-end finishes include: 100% wool carpets, Italian tiles, Abey Gareth Ashton tapwear, Resene Paint and more!
- Resident and visitor parking + storage
$439,000 – $2,750,000
Recent build completion in 2021
Monterey is a proud UDIA certified EnviroDevelopment.
Awards for Excellence
Proudly leading sustainability, this iconic residential project is the first timber multi-storey construction in Kangaroo Point. The building design incorporates a Cross Laminate Timber (CLT) structure. This renewable resource sequesters carbon, enhances thermal properties, and has very low embodied energy, resulting in a unique environmentally sustainable building.
Gardner Vaughan Group is exceptionally proud to be recognised for the sustainable, environmental and construction innovation achievements to pioneer Monterey as Australia’s tallest residential timber tower.
- WINNERS – of the 2021 Urban Developer Awards (TUD) for Excellence in Construction Innovation.
- Nominated Finalists – for Urban Development Institute of Australia (UDIA), 2021, for:
– Environmental Excellence
– Excellence in Sustainability
– Excellence in Design Innovation
- Awarded a 5 Leaf EnviroDevelopment certification.
- Finalist in the 2022 Procore Award for Development Innovation.
- Finalist for the Queensland division of the Engineers Australia Excellence Awards, 2022.
Living at Monterey – a building that breathes – is a statement in luxury and sustainability.
Click the button below to watch the TUD award presentation & short interview with Simon Betteridge, GVG Managing Director, discussing the innovative products, materials, systems & technologies used during construction of Monterey Kangaroo Point.Watch TUD award video highlight Read Monterey Award Fact Sheets
GVG Connect hosts Riverfire, 2021
It was fantastic to see a great turnout at our Riverfire Event on the rooftop at Monterey. The residents and their family & friends enjoyed the evening taking in the spectacular fireworks, whilst enjoying drinks & canapes!
This was our first Monterey residents event and we couldn’t have asked for a better turn out from our current owners! At GVG Connect our aim is to regularly organise resident events to bring together and build on the communities within each and every one of our developments. Riverfire will now become an annual event for our Monterey residents!
Reconnect at Monterey
Kangaroo Point as a suburb is evolving and the new green footbridge, proposed Woolworths and Ferry/City Cat terminals will only make Kangaroo Point a more desirable suburb to call home! With only 29 Apartments Monterey is truly boutique. At the heart of Brisbane City choose to reconnect with nature with the Botanic Gardens in easy reach, stroll by the Brisbane river to unwind from a busy day or venture into the city for alfresco dining.
Proudly certified by the UDIA as a 6 leaf EnviroDevelopment! Monterey is crafted from Cross Laminated Timber (CLT) a product that when compared with steel and concrete, provides similar strength & stiffness, improved fire performance, health and economic benefits and an abundance of sustainability benefits. Substituting 1m³ of timber for traditional block and concrete during construction saves over 3 tonnes of carbon dioxide emissions!
With unique house-like proportions, Monterey offers expansive living at its best. North facing position affords the luxury of beautiful breezes and picturesque views in a unique boutique environment.